La Frontera-Empact Suicide Prevention Center
Trauma Healing Services | LaFrontera-Empact.org
(480) 784-1514 | University Dr & Hohokam Expy S (SR 143) in Tempe, AZ
Trauma Healing Services is located in Maricopa County and provides many free services to victims of interpersonal violence.
The list of clients we serve is extensive and includes victims of:
- Domestic violence
- Hate crimes
- Mass violence
- Physical abuse / assault
- Sexual abuse / assault
- Teen dating violence
We also serve those directly affected by someone else’s victimization:
- Survivors of homicide victims
- Families of survivors (from above list)
We Believe in Training
We are passionate about a training environment.
- We have an active internship program
- Allowing us to educate new professionals about the impact of violence- and trauma-informed care
- This allows us to have a long-term impact on the larger community
How We Treat Our Clients
In all of our services:
- We treat our clients with dignity, respect, and care
- We recognize the courage required in reaching out for help
- We are honored to partner with victims on their healing journey
All of our staff:
- Is trained in victims’ rights and legal-advocacy options available to our clients
- We serve to educate our clients and provide them with options that can empower them to make the choices that feel right to them on their path toward recovery
Serving the Under-Served
One of our passions is reaching out to several under-served populations including:
- The LGBTQ community
- Immigrants and refugees
- Victims with physical disabilities
- Victims with limited financial means
We can provide free services, regardless of insurance or immigration status and are avid about helping the undocumented population of Arizona.
What Treatment Is Available
Our goal is to make sure that survivors never have to pay for their own healing. We provide several types of trauma-focused treatment (including EMDR), all free of charge:
- Weekly individual therapy for up to six months
- Weekly group therapy
What Groups Are Available?
DBT and Life-Skills Groups
- Both English and Spanish available
What does this group provide?
- Helping victims work through challenging emotions
- Helping them to be more mindful and able to cope effectively
- Improving their overall quality of life, as well as their social relationships
Processing Support Groups
What does this group provide?
- An atmosphere where victims are able to share openly about their trauma and relax in an accepting environment
- This can be incredibly healing, to connect to others and know that one is not alone in the experience
Community Partners & Year-Round Outreach
Here at La Frontera Empact, providing innovative solutions to complex problems, we work with community partners to build a safe, strong, and healthy Arizona. We understand the impact the larger community has in helping us prevent and treat this issue.
- We outreach to community partners
- Provide free community trainings
Take Back the Night Phoenix
Annually, we host our Take Back the Night Phoenix event, dedicated to:
- Hearing the voices of survivors in Phoenix
- Connecting the community of agencies that support them
Reach Out and Contact Us
- For questions, or to get involved, please call (480) 784-1514 and ask for Trauma Healing Services.
- If you want to get started on your healing journey, you can reach our 24-hour referral line at (480) 736-4949